Is this Farm Policy? Or A Legalized Money Laundering Scheme?
"This is not an accidental loophole ... this reverse 'Robin Hood style' of wealth redistribution is an intentional effort to get all Americans bought into a system where everyone appears to benefit."
U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK)
Subsidies of the Rich & Famous, November, 2011
FARM SUBSIDIES & THE BIG DOGS 2008-2011
Quantifying Farm Subsidies into Major American Urban Areas
Washington, D.C. Chicago, IL New York City, NY
& Wealthy Entities Across America
930 entities receive $6.129 million in subsidy (2008-2011)
We show that millions of dollars in Federal Farm Subsidies are flowing into major American urban areas- where there are no farms...
Examples from our report:
1. Three Year Economic Savings Program, Inc- a charity-arm of The Nation of Islam based in Chicago, received farm subsidies at the home address of Minister Louis Farrakhan.
2. New York based National Audubon Society received $960,000 - including a New York based tobacco subsidy.
3. Executives at U.S. Department of Agriculture and lobbyists in Washington, D.C. the people who created and manage these transfers, participate in the subsidy largess.
4. Elected U.S. Senators and Representatives received hundreds of thousands of dollars in farms subsidies.
Read our Federal Transfer Report- Farm Subsidies & Big Dogs, here.
Among the findings:
- Washington, D.C. & Beltway- Over $18.478 million in farm subsidies flowed into 2,801 individual entities. All national landmarks obliterated by the mapped red dots of farm subsidies. Click here, see our interactive Washington, D.C. Farm Subsidy Map."
- Chicago, IL.- Over $6.129 million in farm subsidies flowed into 930 individual entities between 2008-2011. Chicago receives the seventh most farm subsidies of all Illinois municipalities. Click here, see our interactive Chicago, IL Farm Subsidy Map.
- New York City, NY- Over $1.996 million plus Audubon Society ($960k) in farm subsidies flowed into 247 individual entities. Wall Street financiers, Rockefellers, wealthy heirs and Upper East side recipients all received subsidies. Click here, see our interactive New York City Farm Subsidy Map.
See the farm subsidies into your local ZIP code. Download our free Open The Books app - Apple & Droid platforms, here & key your ZIP code to quickly track it all...
Key any wealthy ZIP code: Beverly Hills, CA 90212; Winnetka, IL 60093; Miami Beach, FL 33109; Palm Beach, FL 33480; Sea Island, GA 31561; Park City, UT 84060
Even the city government in Park City, UT received thousands in subsidies!
Across America, 419 entities received at least $1 million in farm subsidies- totaling $725.162 million. That's "welfare for the wealthy." That's not farm policy.
Congress is debating the Farm Bill now and presents a golden opportunity for reform. Call your legislator now and tell them what you feel about this legalized money laundering scheme.
Founder, Open The Books