Working for Austin city government in a leadership position is very lucrative. Recently, our partners at OpenTheBooks.com received the updated payroll records from the city for the year 2022. The city paid out $1.2 billion in payroll to 19,300 employees.
1. So, who made the most money in the city last year?
2. How many city employees made $100,000 or more and is that figure higher or lower than last year?
3. The city paid $112 million in overtime last year. What departments paid the most and did individual employees double their salaries with overtime?
3. How much does the mayor and city council make this year and how does that compare to other large Texas cities?
4. Where can our viewers go to see the information and compare it to prior years?