We are excited to share our OpenTheBooks 2022 Annual Report with you.
In 2022, at a glance, we:
- Cracked open California’s state checkbook for the first time ever
- Published 500 investigations that led to impact in four congressional hearings
- Filed 55,000 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Captured 25 million public employee salary & pension records
- Captured $8 trillion in government spending
Your support makes our transparency fight possible! We believe transparency revolutionizes U.S. public policy and politics.
In 2023, we are off to a strong start. Together, we will hold the political class accountable for tax and spend decisions.
We'll update you every step of the way on our growth – including more investigations (700 ) and more litigation (at least more four federal lawsuits).