"MAPPING THE SWAMP - ITS SIZE, SCOPE & POWER"
Adam Andrzejewski | CEO/Founder of OpenTheBooks
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina | January 21, 2018
MAPPING THE SWAMP
A STUDY OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE STATE
Published by OpenTheBooks
Yesterday, there was a tremendous gathering of grassroots activists in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Our CEO Adam Andrzejewski spoke to them regarding our recent oversight report "Mapping The Swamp, A Study of the Administrative State."
Two years ago, at the same event, Adam Andrzejewski held the speakers' platform between U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (TX), Peter Sweitzer (author, Clinton Cash), and Donald J. Trump.
This year, here's the key question:
Will President Trump keep his campaign promise to "drain the swamp?" The resistance facing the federal bureaucracy could not be stronger - and the stakes higher!
In this 25-minute speech, Andrzejewski literally "Maps The Swamp," highlighting the vast size, scope and power of the administrative state.
Here are some 'Key Findings' from our report:
- 1.97 million civil service employees at a total cash cost of $136 billion. Every minute, the federal government pays its disclosed workforce $1 million. Every eight-hour workday costs more than $500 million.
- Over the last six-years, the number of federal employees making $200,000 increased by 165 percent.
- More than 400,000 federal bureaucrats made $100,000 incomes. Furthermore, nearly 30,000 rank-and-file employees out-earned all 50 state governors receiving more than $190,823.
- After just 3-years of employment, federal bureaucrats receive 43 paid days off - that's 8 1/2 weeks. We estimate this perk costs taxpayers $22.6 billion annually.
- A new 'minimum wage' for federal employees: at 78 agencies, the average employee made more than $100,000.
- Presidio Trust - a small federal agency in San Francisco - paid out three of the four largest bonuses at the federal government, including the largest in FY2016. The biggest bonus ($141,525) went to an HR Manager in charge of payroll.
We literally 'Mapped The Swamp':
Search our interactive map of the 2 million federal bureaucrats by ZIP code, click here. Just click a pin and scroll down to see the results rendered in the chart beneath the map.
See a small piece of the federal bureaucracy in your ZIP code or any ZIP code across America.
Do you have a website?
Our interactive map has shareable HTML code, so any website can quickly install the widget. Help your readers search the 2 million federal civil service employees by ZIP code.
Join the Transparency Revolution! It's Your Money.
Adam Andrzejewski (say: Angie-eff-ski)
CEO & Founder, OpenTheBooks.com
Deputy Director at Large
Want to see the 63,000 Illinois public employees making $100,000 ? Click here to read our Forbes piece and search our interactive map.
Please donate to OpenTheBooks today. It's a tax-deductible gift that holds the political class accountable across America.
It's Your Money. Join The Transparency Revolution!