Today, in USA Today, and last week in the Wall Street Journal, we launched a two-page display ad encouraging President Donald Trump to wage a three-pronged attack against federal waste:
1. Post White House expenditures online
2. Cut executive agency waste
3. Report monthly progress to the public.
Our advertisement also details 100 examples of federal waste, including:
- $1.2 trillion wasted on mistaken and improper payments among 20 federal agencies since 2004.
- $22 billion (estimated) spent conferring 43 days of paid time off for federal bureaucrats each year.
- Millions of dollars wasted on federal grants that fund video games, new condom designs, and frivolous studies – i.e. $1 million to study ‘where it hurts the most to be stung by a bee' and $1 million to 'prepare religions for the discovery of extraterrestrial life.'
Your tax dollars paid for $1,000 coffee cups at the Pentagon; a $9.2 million federal grant funding the private airport on Martha's Vineyard; and a sex education class for California prostitutes $1.4 million. These examples are just the tip of the iceberg.
As commander in chief, President Trump can start a nonpartisan War on Waste.
about each of our 100 examples of taxpayer abuse.