(We contacted each entity for comment and recent 990s)
- 2021 net assets -$2.5 billion source
- 2020 net assets - $2 billion source
- 2019 net assets - $1.7 billion source
Former CEO William L. Caron Jr. made almost $2 million in 2020, former President Richard W. Petersen made $1.9 million. A dozen other officers and high-paid surgeons made between $373,000 and $1.5 million, and six trustees made between $290,000 and $622,500. Source
Current CEO Dr. Andrew Mueller appears to have had a salary of $1.2 million in 2021.
MaineHealth’s facilities received $380 million in federal Covid aid, according to the Covid Stimulus Watch project.
MaineHealth claims Anthem insurance owes them millions of dollars
(MaineHealth isn’t listed in this This NPR project from Dec. 2022 that surveyed hospitals to see how they handle unpaid bills.)
2. Northern Light Health
- 2022 net assets — $696 million in net assets
- 2020 - $707 million in net assets source
- 2019 -$789 million in net assets source
President and CEO of Northern Light Health Tim Dentry was paid $868,000 in 2020, replacing Mary M. Hood, who made $1.8 million. Other executives made between $190,000 and $800,000. Source
Northern Light Health’s facilities received almost $250 million in federal Covid aid, according to the Covid Stimulus Watch project.
This NPR project from Dec. 2022 surveyed hospitals to see how they handle unpaid bills.
Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
HOSPITAL COLLECTION POLICIES:
- Credit reporting: allowed
- Selling patient debt: allowed
- Denying care: not allowed
- Legal action: allowed